Let not summer spoil your mood for romance! Summer Honeymoon in India is right for you if you are at the right place. When the temperatures get rising, it’s time to take a break and escape to the bliss of the hills. The summer honeymoon destinations in India meet the requisites of couples seeking a loving vacation, away from daily schedules in the lap of natural bliss. Misty roads, snowcapped mountains in the backdrop, lush beauty as far the eyes can see and the thrilling scope of adventure makes for the idyllic romantic vacation that couples cherish for the rest of their lives.
For the love-birds planning their holiday, here are the top 8 summer holiday destinations in India:
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
When it comes to romance in the hills, Shimla is one of the most popular summer honeymoon destinations in India. Settled at the foothills of the mighty Himalayas, the capital of Himachal Pradesh has been a favorite summer getaway, since the days of the British Raj almost 2-centuries back. Salubrious weather, charming architectures of the colonial days, nature’s bounty, adventure and in addition some of the best luxury resorts, nothing beats a holiday in Shimla with your partner.
Romantic things to do in Shimla:
- Walk hand in hand through the Mall Road
- Ride the UNESCO World Heritage Site Kalka-Shimla Toy Train
- Visit to Jakhoo Hill
- Thrilling adventure sports at Kufri
- Stay at luxury heritage hotels
Moving on with our list of summer honeymoon destinations in India, is Nainital. The scenic ‘city of lakes’ in Uttarakhand is truly blessed by nature. The prized gem is the cerulean tear-shaped Naini Lake. Mountains draped in snow in the backgroundcreate a magical appearance and can inspire anybody to plan a trip to Nainital. Ancient temples, thrilling experience of boating, amazing views, relaxing retreats in the hills and many more delights make it an ideal destination to spend time with your partner this summer.
Romantic things to do in Nainital
- Boating at the Nainital Lake, preferably on a shikara
- Stroll through the Mall holding hands
- Cable car ride to the Snow Point
- Horse riding
- Escape to Bhimtal lake, Naukuchiatal
- Stay at luxury resorts
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
When the destination is Manali, forget your worries, your holiday will be one of the best. The beautiful hill townin Himachal Pradesh knows to set the right mood for a romantic honeymoon. Nestled amid snow covered mountains, the hill town has access to adventure hub of river rafting in Beas River, Solang Valley and one of the high mountain passes in India-the Rohtang Pass. Manali is the right place for honeymoon in India that too in summer.
Romantic things to do in Manali:
- Picnic in the apple orchards
- Adventure sports- river rafting, river crossing, trekking, paragliding, skiing, mountaineering, zorbing, snow games, etc.
- Pray at Hidimba Temple
- Stay at the lavish resorts
Andaman& Nicobar Islands
Welcoming with miles of sun-kissed beaches, turquoise waters, blue skies, green oasis and plethora of thrilling activities, Andaman & Nicobar is one of the best places to visit in India for honeymoon. Generous towards couples, the island archipelago surrounded by the Bay of Bengal takes on a memorable honeymoon. Wonderful climate, excellent vegetation, and plenty of water activities, make Andaman one of the unmissable summer honeymoon destinations in India. Plan a trip with your beloved soon and experience bliss.
Romantic things to do in Andaman & Nicobar Islands:
- Beach hopping& enjoying magical sunsets
- Pay a visit to the tourist attractions of port Blair
- Taking an inter-island cruise
- Trekking through islands
- Scuba diving, snorkeling and other water sports
Snuggled in the lap of Western Ghats, Munnar is named among the most romantic places on Earth. Munnar is one of the reasons why Kerala gets its name as ‘God’s Own Country’ and what better than a honeymoon in summer at Munnar? Enjoy the spread of lush tea gardens, go exploring the misty trails in the mountains, have thrilling experiences in the picturesque beauty and more. Munnar is one of the popular choices to plan a summer vacation with your partner.
Romantic things to do in Munnar:
- Walk hand in hand through tea gardens
- Go trekking to Anamudi peak in the Eravikulam National Park
- Go boating at Mattupetty Dam
- Click pictures in loving poses at Photo Point
- Stay at luxury resorts
Ladakh, Jammu& Kashmir
If you seek thrilling adventure for your summer honeymoon, then Ladakh provides an unforgettable holiday. The‘land of mountain passes’ is dotted rugged terrain, beautiful lakes, ancient monasteries and also a desert in the sky complete with double-humped Bactrian camels. Why you must choose Ladakh is, it will be truly an experience of a lifetime and also when it’s the peak of summer in India, Ladakh experiences chilling temperatures.
Romantic things to do in Ladakh:
- Enjoy the sights of Leh- palace, monasteries, markets, etc.
- Trip to Pangong Tso Lake
- Desert Safari in Nubra Valley
- Ride through Khardung La – one of the highest motorable road in the world
- Get blessings at ancient monasteries
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
The Queen of Hills Stations in Nilgiris, Ooty is one of the favorite getaways for summer. Imagine being surrounded by greenery as far as the eye can see, bluish mountains in the background, lakes, waterfalls, misty trails and you share all of the charming beauty with your partner. Won’t it be a cherished experience? Romance is in the very air of Ooty and has been one of the favorite honeymoon destinations in India for long and in summer the charm is enhanced.
Romantic things to do in Ooty:
- Boating at Ooty Lake
- Ride the Toy Train to Ooty-UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Marvel at the scenic panorama for Doddabetta Peak
- Stroll through the Rose Garden
Located in North East India, Darjeeling is one of the charming hill stations in India. Under the gaze of the mighty Mt Kanchenjunga, the hill town is one of the favorite escapades in summer.Winning the heart of the newlyweds, Darjeeling has beautiful sights to offer, amazing experiences to cherish and the very ambiance spells of love. Fall in love with the quaint bliss of the town and enjoy exploring the beauty with your partner.
Romantic things to do in Darjeeling:
- Board the Top Train named as an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Watch the sunrise from the Tiger Hill
- Walk amid lush tea gardens
- River rafting, riding the cable car, trekking, etc.
Visit ancient Tibetan monasteries